Milly has been waiting 0 days for a sponsor.
Mission Mbale, Inc.
U.S. Federal EIN: 81-2896272
God has called us to work with the beautiful residents of the Doko Cell, one of the largest of the seven villages that make up the Namatala Slum on the outskirts of Mbale, Uganda. Within a one-half mile radius of the ministry site, Ebenezer Baptist Church, there are over 32,000 residents, many of whom are refugees from other parts of Uganda who were displaced by war, natural disasters, famine, etc. Of the 32,000+ residents, over half of that number are children under the age of 14. Of those 16,000+ children, approximately 8,000 are either full, or half, orphans with a median age in the village of just over 15 years old.
With an unemployment rate of around 70% in the village, it has often been labeled as a “cesspool of humanity” and is literally a culture characterized by children raising children, BUT they are a people full of joy and laughter. We have learned so much from them on what it means to “trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not upon your own understanding.”
However, through God’s grace and provision, we have watched the residents of the village begin to embrace what God is doing there. Not only that, but we have begun to gain favor with the local government officials who are seeing the transformation that is taking place in the village and are working very closely with us in our partnership with Ebenezer Baptist Church.
Mission Mbale is not OUR work … we have merely answered God’s call to join Him in the work that HE established in the hearts of the members of Ebenezer Baptist Church more than a decade ago. We do this through our partnership with this great body of believers led by Pastor Fred Mazune and his beautiful wife Olive.
To God be ALL the glory!!!
Mission Mbale exists to share the hope that is found in Jesus Christ with the children and families who live in the Namatala Slum in Mbale, Uganda. We do this while helping to meet their “life” needs of food, housing, pure water, medical care, education, etc.
To transform futures and hopes through the love of Jesus … One child at a time!!!
The Child Sponsorship program is the heart and soul of our ministry and is a Christ-centered program aimed at transforming the futures and hopes of the children of the in Mbale, Uganda.
Your $50 Monthly Sponsorship Commitment
- Provides Food, Clothing, Immediate Needs, and School Fees
- Contributions to Child Welfare Fund (supporting your child and others through Ebenezer Baptist Church programs and events)
- Regular preventative medical care at an onsite clinic including vitamins, hygiene training, medicines for malaria, typhoid, and other common problems in the village
- Personal relationship with your specific sponsored child
Moving Beyond the Financial Commitment
- Your child is loved, not only by you, but members of each Mission Mbale Team will have the opportunity to know your child, love your child, & HUG your child!
- Your child will know your name, they will pray for you, be curious about you and be proud to have a sponsor! “Do you know my sponsor?” “Can you tell me more about my family in America?”
- You will have the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with your child through the exchange and sharing of letters and pictures as our teams travel to Mbale.
Our Commitment to You as a Sponsor
- The Staff of Ebenezer is deeply involved in the lives of the children in the sponsorship program.
- Detailed updates concerning urgent needs are communicated in real time.
- Regular home visits are routinely conducted to identify specific needs. Life in the slum is HARD! Families often survive on less than $1 per day and hunger is a DAILY REALITY.
- When the opportunity to assist in special blessings presents, you will often receive pictures and Thank You Notes revealing your direct impact!